The Latest News in Education in Nova Scotia!! - www.ednet.ns.ca
The Nova Scotia Federation of Home & School Associations (NSFHSA), established in 1936, is an independent, volunteer, provincial organization, comprised of various parent groups. The Federation welcomes School Advisory Councils, PTAs as well as other parent groups throughout Nova Scotia. Members can be made up of parents, teachers, students, administrators, school board members and others, who are interested in working together for the benefit of all children and youth, at home, in schools and in our communities.
The Federation believes that when parents/guardians are well informed about their children's education and work with teachers and administrators to bring about positive change, quality of life at school improves for all as well as quality of life in the home.
The Federation, therefore; encourages on-going communication and cooperation among parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, school boards and the community in making decisions, which affect the education system in Nova Scotia. NSFHSA believes in mutual respect and understanding for everyone's views.
The NSFHSA is affiliated with the Canadian Home and School Federation. NSFHSA is also a member of the Atlantic Caucus which is comprised of Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, and New Brunswick and is also an education
partner in conjunction with the NSTU, NSSBA, ANSEA and FPANE.
Nova Scotia Federation of Home and School Associations Collaborates with Canadian Parents for French
In Nova Scotia/En Nouvelle-Écosse
- CPF-NS Branch Office works with the Department of Education, teacher organizations, and other groups concerned about education to ensure that there is support for French second language education.
- CPF-NS organizes French language activities for students from across the province.
- CPF-NS collabore avec la ministère de l’Éducation, les regroupements d’enseignants et d’autres groupes œuvrant dans le domaine de l’éducation afin d’appuyer l’enseignement du français langue seconde.
- CPF-NS organise des activités de langue française pour les étudiants de toute la province.
In your community/Dans votre communauté
- CPF Chapters organize in-school activities — such as winter carnivals, performances by French speaking artists and a myriad of activities that support and enhance learning French.
- CPF sponsors out-of-school programs — such as winter and summer camps, exchanges, educational visits and weekend workshops for all students learning French.
- CPF fundraises to support these activities and to provide enrichment materials.
- CPF organise toute une gamme d’activités en milieu scolaire, telles que des carnavals d’hiver et des représentations d’artistes francophones, afin de favoriser et enrichir l’apprentissage du français.
- CPF parraine des activités parascolaires à l’intention des étudiants qui apprennent le français, telles que les camps d’hiver et les camps d’été, les échanges, les visites éducatives et les ateliers de fin de semaine.
- CPF organise des levées de fonds afin de financer ces activités et de fournir du matériel d’enrichissement.